5.14.2017

Mother's Day 2017

Today's my second Mother's Day but for some reason, it feels like my very first. I'm not sure if it's because Mia was born just two days before Mother's Day last year or because I've waited so long for this that it still feels just as magical + special as the first. Whatever the reason, I am humbled to have this day to celebrate what I longed + prayed for for so many years. 

The biggest compliment I've received as Mia's mom is that y'all can see how much I love being HER mom. That is the unwavering truth: I LOVE BEING HER MOM! Not A mom, but HER mom. She has brought a happiness + a light into my life that's uniquely hers. Since she was born, I've often thought about my road to motherhood. It was bumpy + filled with road blocks but the one conclusion I've come to is this: I was waiting for Mia. She was the missing piece + definitely worth the wait. 

So to those who are still waiting + who are hurting today, I promise that one day, this will all make sense. I know it's easy for me to say this now because my prayers have been answered but I've been there + I needed words of encouragement like this! So...please, hold on, keep praying, keep the faith + one day your little miracle will arrive + you'll find yourself thinking, "THIS is the child I've been fighting + waiting for!" 

Mia dear, thank you for letting me be your mama + for all of the lessons you've already taught me in your first year. You're my best friend, baby girl. I live for the moments when you look into my eyes + reach for my face. I love you more than you will ever know!















No comments:

Post a Comment

I just called to say......I love you.