1.07.2018

WE'RE EXPECTING....WHAT?!

As most of y'all know, I am used to negative pregnancy tests. You can imagine the absolute shock when this one was a positive! I thought it was a sick joke!

Leading up to taking the test, we had sat down as a couple and made the decision to be done with adopting and fertility treatments. Not that we had negative views of adoption or fertility treatments but we were content as parents to Mia and made the decision to keep our family small. So pretty we were not planning to have another child and we were not trying for a baby.

In early September, a thought came to my mind, "you are still going to get pregnant." I pondered about it and concluded that I was not going to put my body through more fertility treatments. I was done. As October rolled around, I kept getting this nagging feeling I was expecting. I went to the dentist and got an X-ray. The dental assistant asked if I could be pregnant before taking the X-rays and without skipping a beat, I said no. That's what I was used to saying. But as the appointment went on, I kept asking myself, "what if I am?!"

If you've gone through infertility or the process of trying to get pregnant, you know that is such an annoying and nagging question. You don't want to get your hopes up but you want to be positive. So since we weren't trying and I truly believe I couldn't get pregnant, I brushed it off. But still, the thought kept creeping into my mind!

I decided I would get a dollar store test since it was going to be a negative once again and I didn't want to waste money on another negative result. I bought two different kinds from the dollar store and went home to test. Right away, the test came up positive. Stunned, shocked, dumbfounded does not begin to explain it. I was seriously so confused. And really thought it was a sick joke. I went downstairs to tell Russell right away and didn't even sit to think about anything. Russell was also stunned and confused but as you will see in the video, really excited. He was way more excited about it at the beginning than I was!

After telling Russell and getting over our shock and confusion, I tested again. Another positive. I still didn't believe it. We drove to the store to buy more tests. Another positive. I still didn't believe it. I tested the next morning. Another positive. I still didn't believe it. I called my OB and asked for a blood test. They say, "honey, if you've taken 4 tests and they were all positive, you're pregnant." I explained our situation and why I was reluctant to believe it and went in that same day for a blood draw.

Five days later, I got the call and they told me it was positive. Again, I asked, "positive means I'm pregnant?" I just couldn't believe it! I didn't trust that it was real until our first appointment at 7 weeks. It was the most out of body experience to see that little gummy bear and once I heard the heartbeat, I couldn't deny it any longer!!

I found out at 5 weeks and at the 6 week mark, the all day nausea began. Definitely made it more real! I am feeling much better now with anti nausea medicine and I am getting my energy back! We will find out the gender on the 16th and we cannot wait to share it with y'all!

Along with Russell's reaction, I am including his parents' reactions at 8 weeks when they came to care for Mia so we could go on a cruise (notice the sea sickness bands; those things saved me those first few weeks!), and my cute and super Asian mom's reaction at 14weeks days before Christmas.

Thank you again from the bottom of my heart for your excitement and love! You guys are so excited for us and that as helped things become more real for me! Thank you for being a part of our life and loving us!


1 comment:

I just called to say......I love you.